Are there pre-event informational webinars?
With three days packed with learning, networking and solutions to the most pressing fincrime challenges in the Great White North, there’s a LOT to take advantage of during the Future of FinCrime Canada Virtual Summit.
It can help to have a guide! Learn how to make the most of your experience with this orientation session, where ACFCS staff will walk you through the event program and platform, and give you tips on how to navigate FinCrime Canada like a pro! If that’s not enough, you’ll also have a chance to win a complimentary ACFCS membership and other prizes.
Are there any free resources available?
Event Access and Networking
When will I receive my login credentials?
Lookout for an email from Grip on November 12th with your login credentials containing the subject line “Login Credentials for ACFCS Future of FinCrime Canada Virtual Summit”. To login to the platform, enter the following information:
- Email –email address you used at registration and click ‘Login’
- Badge ID – unique badge ID provided in the credentials email and click ‘Claim Account’. If you did not receive an ID, we can have one created for you. Simply send an email to email@example.com with the request.
- Password – create your own password to use every time you login moving forward
NOTE: Each login is for a single user and cannot be shared
How do I setup my profile in Grip?
Upon logging in to Grip for the first time, you will be asked to complete your profile. The matchmaking engine will need this information to help create meaningful connections and offer you recommendations of attendees, sessions and exhibitor solutions. Questions include:
|Job Level||Topics of Interest|
|Industry||Solutions of Interest|
Once you finish the onboarding questions, be sure to go into your profile to update your ‘location’ and add a headshot photo.
What options are available for networking in Grip?
Interested – Check out the list of people recommended to you and if you want to start networking, be sure to click on ‘interested’.
Connection / Chat – Once you establish a mutual connection with an attendee – both have shown ‘interest’ in each other – you will be able to start communicating privately via ‘chat’. Email notifications are sent when someone sends you a message.
Meeting – You can schedule one-on-one video meetings with anyone regardless if a connection has been established or not. Email notifications are sent for meeting requests, confirmations, cancellations, 10-minute reminder and when someone joins the meeting room.
You can also search for attendees using the ‘search’ bar at the top left or by viewing ‘Attendees’ located on the left column of the Grip platform.
Why don’t I see login credentials on the email?
If you have previously attended an ACFCS virtual event on the Grip platform, you will not receive new log credentials. Instead, you will simply access the platform by clicking on the ‘login’ link from your email, and then enter the same email address and password you used before.
Do I need to add sessions to my schedule?
Grip allows you to create your personalized schedule. To attend a session, you will need to:
- Locate the Event Agenda on the left column of Grip
- Click on the session title you wish to view
- If you would like to attend, click on “add to schedule” to RSVP
Are there different types of sessions and any attendee limits?
There are a variety of sessions available to you and categorized by track to include keynote, hot topic, case studies, regional focus, workshop, networking and reception/café. Plus, check out the sponsor-led educational roundtables and product demos.
Sessions are open to all attendees except for roundtables that have a max limit of 100. RSVP is required and can be done by going to the session page and clicking on ‘add to calendar’.
NOTE: Sessions and speakers are subject to change.
Where can I find the session links?
Once you have added sessions to your schedule, you will be able to access the live broadcasts on the date/time of the session. All sessions will be streamed through On24 except for roundtables that are hosted within Grip. You will receive an email reminder 10 minutes before the start of a session. To attend a session, you will need to:
- Click on the session link provided in the email reminder
- Once you login to Grip and the session page appears, click on ‘Watch Live Stream’
- A new window will pop-up directing you to On24
To attend a roundtable, you will need to:
- Click on the session link provided in the email reminder
- Once you login to Grip and the session page appears, click on the link located directly above the ‘Remove from schedule’
- A new window will pop-up directing you to the video meeting within Grip
What should I do to enter On24?
Once you the On24 window appears, you will be asked to ‘register’ into the system by providing your name and email. Please keep in mind the following:
- If the session has not started, you will be placed in the lobby
- Once the session starts, On24 should automatically push you into the session
- You may need to refresh the page if you find yourself in the lobby after the session start time
Will the sessions be recorded?
On-demand recordings of most sessions will be available to all registrants for a limited-time through Friday, December 4. After that, only ACFCS members will have access to the on-demand library via the ACFCS learning management system.
To view the recordings:
- Login to Grip and select the session you wish to view
- Click on ‘add to calendar’ and then on the ‘watch live stream’ button that appears
- A new window will pop-up directing you to On24 where you will see the recording link
- If you are interested in becoming an ACFCS member, click here.
What should I do if I experience technical problems while in a session?
In the event that you require technical support, please contact us on firstname.lastname@example.org or at 786-591-1346.
What are the IT requirements for Grip?
What are the audio options for On24?
To listen to the sessions, you will need to use your computer audio or join via a mobile device. Dial-in options are not available.
Credits and Certificate
How can I earn CE credits and a certificate of participation?
This event is currently eligible for up to 16+ CFCS credits. CE credits are calculated per learning session and assigned to individuals by unique username/email address. To earn credits, you will need to:
- Attend a session at least 80% of the scheduled time
- Complete a survey at the end of the session
Once both requirements are met, a pop-up box will appear with a link to download your certificate of participation containing the number of credits received for that session.
Will you keep track of my credits?
ACFCS members will have their credits automatically added to their ACFCS profiles and will appear within 1 week of the event.
Non-members will receive certificates but must keep track of their own credits. If you are interested in obtaining a CFCS certification, click here.
What if I need assistance?
If you have any questions or inquiries, you can:
- Get in touch with an ACFCS staff member via Grip by searching “ACFCS staff” in the search bar
- Contact our service team via email at email@example.com or phone at 786-591-1346
How can I participate in the scavenger hunt game and prize raffles?
We invite you to have some fun during FinCrime Canada and go with us on a virtual scavenger hunt. Complete missions to earn points and be entered into prize raffles. Multiple winners will be announced daily and grand prizes at the conclusion of the event.
Check out the game activity feed to view photos and videos of the completed missions and to see who’s in the lead.
Download the GooseChase app on your mobile phone and use the code Canada2020.
How do I claim my prize?
All of the raffle winners will receive their prizes within two weeks after the event. If you don’t see an email come through your inbox by December 4, please reach out to event manager, Sofia de la O, at firstname.lastname@example.org.